2/21/2006

Chapter 25 - Back to Bangkok, Thailand

It was time to leave Siem Reap and head back to civilization.

They call this the VIP bus.
The bus ride back to Bangkok is notoriously difficult. It was bumpy and slow going. I still enjoyed the scenery of rural Cambodia. It's flat like Texas.

In Cambodia there are many billboards like these two. The one on the left is encouraging people to give up their weapons to the government. This is some of the only evidence that war and genocide recently occurred here.

After about 12 hours in the bus we finally get to Bangkok. Two months ago I thought this was a strange foreign city. After being around the neighborhood I have a different attitude. Its very modern and comfortable. My first meal back in civilization was a Whopper from Burger King. It was fantastic.

I spent a few hours at this pool on the roof of a hotel on Khao San Road.


More pictures of Khao San Road



It was much more crowded and fun than I remembered from my first visit. I think the season has picked up.
It was also nice to see hordes of cute girls again.

"Hey Janet, I think that creepy guy just took our picture!"
A sunset on the Chao Praya River.

That's all for Bangkok, now I'm going South to the island of Kho Tao.

-Thanks for reading-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I'm caught up on your travels and looking forward to your next adventure...D wants to know where his backpack is? We haven't seen it in any of these pics...! I hear San Diego's still as beautiful as ever and missing you! XOXO, Jessica